Thursday, May 5, 2011

God is more interested in who I am becoming as a leader than what I do


At a great staff meeting yesterday, one of our staff shared this quote with our team as the statement that captivated her at a recent conference. It captivated me as well and brought to mind an article that I had just read in NavPress's online Discipleship Journal. It helps shape us to become the people God wants us to be as we lead.

Whether you and I are paid or unpaid staff, this article by Scott Morton confronts us and challenges us to raise the integrity of our leadership. Here are his eight questions:
1) Does my behavior match my teaching?
2) Do I lay heavy loads on my followers?
3) Am I trying to impress people?
4) Do I delight when my pupils surpass me?
5) Am I molding people in my image or Christ's?

6) Am I majoring on the majors?
7) Am I keeping up appearances to cover indulgence?
8) Do I consider myself superior to others?

Here is the complete article.

No comments:

Post a Comment